Stuffed Grape Leaves, also known as Dolmas, are one of the most famous & iconic Mediterranean dishes. The deliciousness they provide is incomparable, like no other!
These Stuffed Grape Leaves, by Heart Healthy Greek, are loaded with a combination of flavorful ingredients, making this recipe one of our very favorites. Tip: Add in a little fun by cooking it with a group of friends or family!
- 100 grape leaves fresh or jarred
- 1 pound lean ground beef
- 1 cup uncooked rice
- 1 medium white onion finely chopped
- 2 ¾ cups chicken broth
- 1½ – 2 lemons
- ⅓ cup fresh dill
- 1 ½ tbsp Hiç Premium Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- 1 tsp salt
- 1 tsp pepper
- In a bowl mix the ground beef, uncooked rice, onion, 3/4 cup chicken broth, juice of 1 lemon, dill, salt and pepper.
- To blanch the leaves place them in boiling water for a few seconds then put them in a colander to drain.
- Lay 1 leaf vein side up, place 1 tsp of mixture close to the stem. Next fold the sides in and roll upwards. (If the mixture begins to dry just add more chicken stock)
- Line the bottom of a stock pot with a few leaves.
- Next, in the stockpot, start to place the rolled grape leaves tightly together in a circular pattern. Continue until all of the leaves have been filled and placed in the pot.
- Drizzle with olive oil and cover with extra leaves
- Add in 2 cups of chicken broth and the juice from ½ of a lemon. Then place the squeezed lemon in the pot as well.
- Cover the pot with a lid and bring to a boil.
- Once boiling immediately reduce to a simmer and cook for 45 minutes, or until most of the liquid has been absorbed and the rice is soft.
- Before serving add a squeeze of lemon juice on top of cooked grape leaves.
For more excellent recipes, visit https://www.hearthealthygreek.com/recipes/