Looking for the perfect post-dinner dessert? Maybe a light, delicious, and barely sweet cake? We might have just what you need!
Treat yourself with something different this weekend; an out-of-this-world Olive Oil Cake. Yes, you heard that right! Hadley Mendonca's Olive Oil Cake is literally one of our favorites. Not only does the Organic Extra Virgin Olive Oil give this cake moisture to last long (much more than butter would), but it also adds a pleasant fruity flavor with numerous health benefits in every bite.
- 1 1/4 cup Hiç Premium Extra Virgin Olive Oil & a little extra to grease your pan
- 1/2 tsp baking powder
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1 1/4 cup sugar
- 1 1/4 cup flour
- 1/4 tsp baking soda
- 1/2 cup full fat Greek yogurt
- Zest from 2 lemons
- 2 large eggs
- Powder sugar to sprinkle on top & garnish
- Pre-heat your oven to 350
- Combine your flour, salt, baking powder and baking soda. Mix together and keep in a separate bowl
- In a new bowl combine your sugar with lemon zest using your fingers in a pinching motion to massage the sugar with your zest. Creating a light yellow color with your sugar (&smells amazing). If you like more of a citrus flavor you can go heavier on your zest and similar if you don’t like a heavy citrus you can go lighter on the zest.
- Now add your eggs to your sugar zest and mix well (I recommend either a standing or hand mixer here)
- Once mixed add your olive oil, liquor & Greek yogurt and mix well
- Once all the wet ingredients are mixed now add your dry ingredients and mix lightly to not over mix
- I prefer a round pan, you can also use a loaf pan if you’d like, use some olive oil to grease your pan. Pour your mix into the pan and put in the oven for 35 minutes at 350
- Lightly shake your powdered sugar over the top and your choice of garnish, I prefer rosemary
For more excellent recipes, visit https://hicoliveoilstore.com/blogs/news