Are you a pasta lover looking for a simple weeknight dinner? Spaghetti Casserole with a delicious melty layer of cheese on top is exactly what you need!
Try this outstanding recipe by Life Love & Good Food and enjoy the deliciousness you are about to experience.
- 3 tbsp Hiç Premium Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- 3 cup diced onion (about 3 medium)
- 2 cup diced green bell peppers (2 large)
- 1 1/2 lb ground chuck
- 1 28-oz. can San Marzano Peeled Whole Tomatoes
- 1/4 cup ketchup
- 1 (6-oz.) can tomato paste
- 2 tsp Worcestershire sauce
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 tsp kosher salt
- 1/2 tsp freshly ground black pepper
- 1/2 tsp paprika
- 1 tsp oregano
- 1 lb spaghetti, cooked
- 2 cup shredded sharp cheddar cheese
- In a large Dutch oven over medium heat, heat the Extra Virgin Olive Oil. Add the diced onions, green peppers, and a sprinkle of salt and pepper. Cook for 7 to 8 minutes, until tender and slightly caramelized. Use a slotted spoon to transfer the veggies to a plate.
- Melt the butter in the same pan and crumble in the beef. Cook and stir until the meat is no longer pink, about 5 minutes. Drain off any excess grease, leaving some for flavor.
- Return the onions and peppers to the pot. Stir in the tomatoes, ketchup, tomato paste, Worcestershire sauce, and garlic. Season with the salt, pepper, paprika, and oregano.
- Bring the sauce to a boil, then reduce the heat to low and simmer for 2 hours, stirring occasionally. (See below for slow cooker sauce instructions).
- Preheat the oven to 375F degrees. Lightly coat a 9 x 13-inch casserole dish with cooking spray.
- Cook the spaghetti noodles in a pot of boiling salted water as directed on the package until al dente. Drain and layer in the casserole dish.
- Pour the sauce over the noodles, then sprinkle the top with the cheese.
- Bake uncovered until the cheese has melted and the casserole is hot and bubbly. Let sit for 5 to 10 minutes before serving.
For more excellent recipes, visit https://lifeloveandgoodfood.com/recipe-index/